5 Ways to Embrace Autumn’s Messes as a Family10/10/2016
We’re big believers in embracing life’s messes and having fun! With fall in full swing, there are so many ways for your family to enjoy the season, make a mess, and create memories that will last a lifetime. There’s no need to hesitate to make a mess when you know good quality cleaning tools are standing by to make cleanup a breeze! Here are five of our favorite ways to embrace the season and the mess.
1. Have a pumpkin contest. Head to the pumpkin patch and have everyone pick out his or her own pumpkin. When you get home, carve them however you’d like and award prizes for things like “heaviest pumpkin,” “most pumpkin guts,” “silliest design,” etc. When all the awards are done, make the most out of the pumpkin guts mess and roast the seeds for a yummy treat.
2. Make yard work fun. When the leaves start falling they can be a real nuisance, but they can be used for fun for the whole family, too! Rake the leaves into fun designs like a jack-a-lantern or your kids’ names. If you’re feeling particularly ambitious, rake the leaves to form the edges of a maze and see if the rest of the family can solve it!
3. Get creative with hot chocolate. Now that the weather is cooling down, it’s the perfect time to warm up with a cozy mug of hot cocoa. Gather everyone in the kitchen to make homemade hot chocolate and add all kinds of flavors like maple, pumpkin spice, cinnamon – the possibilities are endless!
4. Bob for apples. This old fashioned game is still just as fun to little ones! Fill a big basin with water and let the kids have a great time splashing and bobbing for treats. If it’s too chilly outside to be dunking your head in water, make sure to have a good mop standing by for indoor cleanup duty!
5. Host a chili cook-off. Get the whole neighborhood together for a family-friendly chili competition! Set out bowls and silverware for everyone to taste-test all the chili entries and vote on the winner. Give out ribbons for first, second, and third place.
These are just five of the many ways to have fun with your family and embrace the mess this fall! What are your favorite fall family activities?
Need to clean up the mess once the fun is done? Here are a few product recommendations for easy clean up after the fun we listed above!
Gator Mop®: The attached scrub brush is tough on stuck-on floor messes like dried pumpkin guts.
Tornado® Mop: If wet and muddy shoes from yard work are leaving your floors looking a little sad, this extra-absorbent mop will get them looking like new again.
WonderFiber™ Cloths: These durable, microfiber fabric cloths are perfect for wiping up even the biggest of hot chocolate spills and other kitchen messes.
Baked-On and Tough Job Sponge: Make dinner party cleanup a breeze with our toughest sponge and say goodbye to baked-on messes!
Multi-Surface Everyday Floor Cleaner: No matter what kind of mess gets on your floors, our multi-surface cleaner will take care of the job.