The Big List of Bathroom Cleaning Tips01/07/2019
The bathroom is arguably the grossest room in your house. And now that the holidays are over and the houseguests have left, it’s time to reclaim your space! So, this month, we’re unleashing the mother load of bathroom cleaning tips. Get ready to get your mind blown because this is our complete list of restroom cleaning hacks and how-to’s. Ready, set, scrub!
- Before cleaning your toilet, drop two Alka Seltzer tablets into the bowl. After they fizz, clean the bowl with a Libman Toilet Bowl Brush & Caddy and Libman Toilet Bowl Cleaner for a sparkling new shine!
- For a fast toilet cleanup, pour a cup of bleach in the toilet, wait ten minutes, then swoosh it clean with a Libman Toilet Bowl Brush.
Sink and Drains
- Use toothpaste to clean the iron stains in your sink and bathtub.
- To clean the trap of your drains, cover the drain air returns with a rag or tape, and use your shop vac to suck the hair, soap, etc. out of the drain. No need for chemical drain cleaners!
- Get stains out of a porcelain sink with Barkeeper’s Friend. It works like magic!
- When your chrome fixtures look dull, polish them with baby oil and a Libman Antibacterial Sponge.
Tub and Shower
- To clean glass shower enclosures of soap scum, sprinkle baking soda liberally on a Libman Microfiber Sponge Cloth and rub lightly. Then rinse to a sparkling shine!
- If you have a stubborn stain in your bathtub, wet the surface, sprinkle with cream of tartar, and rub with the cut surface of a lemon.
- Clean the shower every time you clean yourself. Before you get out the shower, spray it down a 1:1 vinegar and water mix then wipe down with the Libman Window Squeegee.
- To get rid of nasty hard water spots on clear shower doors, use the Libman Long Handle Scrub Brush and Libman Glass & Mirror Cleaner. Spray on cleaner and then gently scrub with the brush. Once per week keeps the spots under control.
- Heating tile and the tub just 10 degrees above the normal air temperature doubles the effectiveness of alkaline cleansers. Fill the bottom of the tub with a couple inches of the hottest water you can draw from the tap, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then drain and get scrubbing!
- Struggling to get your shower curtain liner clean? It’s easy! Just put it in the washing machine!
Walls and Floors
- To remove caked on hairspray from the door or wall behind where you stand in the bathroom, simply mix fabric softener with some water. It will dissolve the hairspray.
- Work from top to bottom in your bathroom, dusting light fixtures and shelves with a Libman Microfiber Sponge Cloth. Then vacuum, yes – VACUUM, your floors and crevices.
Need more bathroom tips and tricks? Discover more ways to clean the bathroom at https://libman.com/pages/bathroom-kit.