5 Cleaning Hacks for Holiday Entertaining11/01/2017
The holiday season typically sees a significant increase in home entertaining and overnight houseguests for many Americans. We’ve provided some cleaning hacks that’ll save you cleaning time and hassle, and will have you enjoying family and friend time that much sooner:
- Treat stains immediately. Never allow time for a spill or stain to settle beyond the surface which can make the stain harder to remove. To easily tackle any stain, the American Cleaning Institute has a helpful stain removal chart for nearly every stain imaginable.
- Overnight guests? Use the Libman Wonder Mop to easily and quickly clean tubs and showers without having to get inside or get wet. Spray your favorite cleaning solution on the dirty surfaces and use the mop to reach and remove dirt, grime and mold.
- To prevent dust from settling on the surface of glass-topped tables, TV screens, or stereo lids, mix a little fabric softener with warm water. Wipe mixture on the surface, then rub dry with a soft Libman Microfiber Sponge Cloth.
- To remove melted candle wax from tablecloths (especially lace), stretch it over a sink and slowly pour boiling water over the melted wax.
- Remove watermarks left on wood surfaces from glasses by mixing 1 teaspoon salt with a few drops of water to form a paste. Gently rub the paste onto the ring with a soft cloth or Libman All-Purpose Sponge and work it over the spot until it’s gone.