Accounts Receivable Clerk
Shift: Office M-F 7:30a-4:30p (May require some evening and Saturday’s based on work load)
This position is responsible for the invoicing of all shipments that leave the facility and maintaining accounts receivable files of the company in an office setting.
- Invoice shipments
- Research and solve payment discrepancies
- Process credits to accounts
- Make calls to customers regarding overdue invoices
- File freight claims with appropriate companies
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Other duties as assigned.
- Answer phones
- Sort mail.
- Filing and shredding.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Associate Degree or equivalent, plus two to three years of accounting experience.
- General knowledge of accounting and understanding of the general ledger accounts and how they relate to invoices.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting rules
- Multi-tasking: Able to handle and perform multiple duties at one time
- Detail Oriented: Must have good follow through and accuracy
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Email
- Able to operate following office machines:
- Adding machine
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged periods of time working at a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires extensive work using a computer. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to work load.Apply Now