Customer Traffic Specialist
Shift- M-F 7:30a to 3:30p (with potential overtime to 6:00p and occasional weekend work may be required)
The individual will be responsible to plan and meet delivery demands for an assigned set of customers, including required paperwork and order packets. Work with internal and external partners promoting a collaborative and safe environment ensuring a safe and cost effective on-time shipment and delivery of goods.
- Assisting in optimizing inbound and outbound material movement by managing the delivery demands of the customers.
- Work closely with the Traffic Manager on, but not limited to the following:
- Resolve all issues related to transportation issues with customer deliveries.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate traffic needs with Traffic Manager, Order Entry, and Planning depts; as well as any other dept as needed.
- Diligence and attention to detail in documentation.
- Ability to work effectively in systems such as SysPro ERP for the following:
- Ability to work independently as part of a team.
- Must apply safe working practices and follow all safety procedures in accordance to company and OSHA guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit for a long period of time.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Previous experience with SysPro is a plus.
- Strong computer skills are required.
- Ability to multitask while being detailed oriented.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate well and stay organized.
- Must be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to process and analyze information.
- Excellent customer service skills.