Junior Cost Accountant
Shift: M-F 8am-4:30pm (additional hours and Saturday work as needed, Inventory weekend is required)
The following can go under the job title with a space in between it and the title to make it look clean and easy to read- Responsible for assigning inventory numbers, creating costing bills of material, calculating unit costs for material and freight, as well as prepare inventory costs for analysis. Prepare, Analyze and Review inventory costing sheets to be used for book and income tax reporting and setting unit sales prices.
- Process and develop routings for rework or display production.
- Review daily production reports and verify and process accuracy of back flushing as well as post scrap for required departments.
- Compute and update material costs in a cost element program daily based on:
Actual prices from supplier invoices
Allocation of domestic freight charges
Allocation of international freight charges including duties and customs charges
Any additional adjustments for discounts, tooling expenses, etc.
- Assign item numbers for inventory items.
- Set up bill of materials for displays and racking kits and enter sales comments describing display for pick ticket and sales orders
- Update Inventory Costing Sheets by:
Calculating material, labor, and overhead costs for injection, extrusions, and assembly
Verifying proper assets costs are being used for calculation
Analyzing the change in unit cost since the last calculation
Reporting the details in gross margin and selling, general &administrative costs
Work with IT on any changes needed to the costing tool based on changes in production.
- Verify all items in system have a standard cost on daily and monthly basis.
- Assist in inventory discrepancies resolution related to production reporting errors, BOM errors, Syspro issues, etc.
- Perform receipts and review discrepancies for outside warehouse transfers.
- Prepare, review and analyze physical inventory:
Participate in meetings leading up to physical inventory as well as the inventory count take itself.
Review issues that occurred in the prior physical and develop improvements
Audit standard box counts for this year and compare to prior year. Request second count on any unexplained material variances.
Review physical counts being reported for strange amounts, incorrect part numbers or unusual pack sizes
Cost Raw Components and update unit costs for new standards.
Update and analyze costing bills of material to production bills of material
- Assist with Monthend Close Process related to inventory:
Verify that all inventory has positive balances
Adjust inventory for any dispatched inventory
Review for any other transactions needed in other Libman Companies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain costing file on items both electronic and hard copy.
- Shred documents
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with one year of daily costing accounting experience.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting rules.
- Knowledge of income tax basis rules.
- Working knowledge of freight costing including customs and duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Able to operate following office machines:
Physical Demands: Must be able to work at a computer for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 15-20 pounds occasionally.