Facility Security Officer
Security Dept. Night shift Su-Th 6p-3:30a (with ability to be flexible based on needs)
We are looking for a well-rounded, innovative and enthusiastic individual to become a member of the Libman Company Security team. This position will, at the direction of the Facility Security Manager, oversee the daily activities as it relates to security and helping to create and manage a more effective security program for the organization.
The first priority is to maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff and visitors of the Libman Company. This position will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior. Working with the management team for improvements, enhancement, communication, or enforcement of security protocols.
The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation. The Facility Security Officer will be a visible deterrent to known and unknown threats against the Libman Company and its employees.
- Monitor and preserve the safety and security of the premises and personnel by conducting physical examinations of Libman properties inside and out.
- Monitor surveillance equipment while doing rounds and as needed during investigations to identify disruptions or unlawful acts.
- Inspect buildings and equipment during rounds and investigate and resolving or reporting any issues.
- Monitor access points and emergency exits during rounds and confirming proper operation of access systems and alarms.
- Monitor vehicles or people in or on the property including employees, visitors and truck drivers.
- Eliminate security mishaps or issues by removing them from the property. Remove wrongdoers or trespassers from the area. Detain perpetrators according to legal protocol before the arrival of authorities. Maintain professional conduct in interactions with the authorities.
- Identify, investigate or resolve security issues, to include suspicious activity, harassment, threats or violence.
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation.
- Provide assistance to people in need.
- Submit reports of daily surveillance activity and important occurrences.
- Must act professionally at all times and have excellent judgement, objectivity, integrity and emotional control skills.
- Support Human Resources and Management during terminations or investigations interviewing witnesses, etc.
- With the Facility Security Manager and Facility Manager, support Security activities during off hours or special occasions.
- Assist with tours and special events.
- Control traffic by directing drivers if needed.
- Assist Safety manager to identify and help mitigate any employee safety concerns.
- Assist with security operations or activities with Law Enforcement, the Fire Department, Douglas County EMA and other agencies.
- Attend meetings and seminars to keep abreast of changes in legislative directives or new technology impacting security operations.
- Assist with Company’s fire protection and sprinkler system, to include; resetting the fire panel and being able to shut off water supply.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience in a security field. Previous Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety.
- Excellent planning, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Capable of multiple tasking.
- Working understanding of incident reporting and case management
- Familiarity with report writing.
- Excellent surveillance and observation skills.
- Technically proficient with surveillance systems, alarms and tactics.
- Trained in First Aid and self-defense.
- Trained in de-escalation tactics.
- FOID and Concealed Carry Permit required.
- Must have, or be able to obtain PERC and Firearm Control Card from the State of Illinois, Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- Must have, or be able to complete Armed Proprietary Security Force Training.
- Lifting of up to 50lbs as needed.
- Must be able to work in all weather and environmental conditions.
- Physically fit.
- Identifiable by wearing a Libman supplied Security uniform.
- Computer literate.
- Participate in training of employees and personal development training as needed.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, confidentiality.
The normal work days and hours for this position would consist of Sunday-Thursday, 6p.m. to 3:30 a.m. There may be times when weekend or early/late days may be required. Since the Libman Company has shifts that run 24 hours a day, a security presence might be periodically needed at additional intervals. If additional security presence is needed during a specific shift or incident, the work hours would be adjusted for that particular day. This position has the possibility of being called in for incidents that arise during off shifts.