Night Shift Su-Th 5:30p-4a;
This position is responsible for supervising the factory during the night shift operation. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. The supervisor is ultimately responsible for quality, production and safety. The job requires hands-on management. Supervisor will spend 90% on the production floor/10% in the office.
- Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Perform accident investigations with safety manager.
- Track absenteeism and timekeeping.
- Assign employees to work stations.
- Ensure employees stay at workstations until the buzzer, and return to the workstations prior to buzzer sounding.
- Effectively cooperate with other plant supervisors to ensure successful shift transition
- Monitor the production floor.
- Enforce production and quality standards.
- Performance review of direct reports.
- Ability to behave decisively.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts quickly.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health to manage the challenges of supervising the night shift
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Patient and self-confidence.
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
- Good judgment.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in management related field
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Must pass background screening, drug test and physical
- Will require ample standing and walking
- May require some bending, twisting and lifting