Libman.com Sweepstakes Terms & Conditions
The Libman “My Favorite Messmaker” Sweepstakes 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. YOUR ENTRY IS YOUR AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW AND ABIDE BY THESE RULES:
- ELIGIBILITY: Libman is offering this sweepstakes only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Sweepstakes is void in states where it is prohibited or restricted by laws. Libman employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. Nor are employees or immediate family member of Libman’s affiliated companies, subsidiaries, divisions, parents and related companies, promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes. "Immediate family member" include those living in the same household as the employee, as well as the employee’s spouse, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Libman.
- START AND END DATES: The Sweepstakes begins on May 1, 2019 at 11:00 am CST ("Central Standard Time") and ends on May 31, 2019 at 11:00 am CST (“sweepstakes period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary.To enter, go to https://woobox.com/5kzcb6 and enter as directed prior to 11:00 am CST, May 31, 2019. Participants may only enter once. Your entry will become the property of Libman and Libman will have no obligation to acknowledge or respond to it. If multiple users of the same email account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute arises regarding the identity of a potentially winning entrant, Libman will treat the authorized user of the email account at the time of entry as the entrant. The “authorized user” is the natural person to whom the owner of the domain or its designee (such as an Internet Service Provider) assigned the email account. Libman reserves the right to disqualify you if you use robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or like means to enter the Sweepstakes.
- PHOTO RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting a photo, participants grant The Libman Company permission to use photo in any and all of its publications and marketing materials, including but not limited to printed and digital use. By entering, participants understand and agree that any photograph submitted will become property of The Libman Company and will not be returned. Participants acknowledge that entry is voluntary and no financial compensation will be provided for use of photo. By entering, participants irrevocably authorize The Libman Company to edit, alter, exhibit, publish, or distribute this photo. In additional, participants waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product and waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photograph.
- PRIZES: If there are sufficient entries, Libman will award five (5) random winners a Libman Pet Kit the following Libman products: #4002 Freedom Spray Mop, #2000 Wonder Mop, #248 Precision Angle Broom and Dustpan, #76 Lint Roller, #2004 Wonderfiber Cloths (approximate retail value $54.36 per Pet Kit). Libman will not offer a cash substitution for a prize. If a prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Libman, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the Libman’s My Favorite Messmaker prizes will be forfeited and will not be substituted. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the My Favorite Messmaker prizes shall constitute full satisfaction of Libman’s obligation to the winner and Libman will have no obligation to award additional compensation. Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes is $271.95.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: One winner will be selected every Friday in the month of May (5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24, 5/31) If there are sufficient eligible entrants, Libman will award all prizes. If there are not enough eligible entrants to award all prizes, Libman reserves the right not to award those prizes. No entrant may win more than one prize. Only one (1) prize awarded per household. Prizes to be mailed to winners within six (6) weeks of drawing date. Odds of winning dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
- NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: The potential winner will be notified by the Sponsor via email and/or Facebook Messenger and may be required to sign and return a W-9 form (US residents only), an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (collectively the “Winner Release”) within 7 days of receipt. Failure of the potential winner to timely return the required executed documents within the specified time period may cause the prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate as solely determined by Sponsor. If a prize is refused, a prize notification is returned or deemed undeliverable, or the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential winner will be selected from the comments with the next highest number of likes, emotes and comments. Except where prohibited by law (e.g., Tennessee), acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, and other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review; and upon request, winner will provide written consent to such use. The odds of winning the drawing depends upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Libman reserves the right to amend the Official Rules at any time at its sole discretion. Please check the Official Rules posted at https://woobox.com/5kzcb6 for any changes/modifications. Libman reserves the right, in its sole discretion and based on its sole determination: (i) to disqualify any individual it suspects to be in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in a disruptive or dishonest manner; (ii) to disqualify any individuals whom Libman suspects or for whom Libman has actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes; and/or (iii) to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes.
- DISCLAIMER: Libman and its agencies are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention, phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, malfunctions or disconnects of any kind, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled, fragmented or delayed internet/e-mail computer transmissions or network/ISP/website internet accessibility/availability; or for incorrect or incomplete capture of any information. Libman and its respective employees, agents and representatives are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or loss or delay of entry or prize reply information, or for any technical or human errors associated with the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes become technically corrupted or compromised due to any of the foregoing factors or non-authorized human intervention, Libman reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes in its entirety or to select potential winners from all eligible submissions received prior to termination. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Libman reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any promotion not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: In no event will Libman or their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and/or related companies, or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, successors and assigns (collectively, the "releases") be responsible for any claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including, attorneys' fees) of any kind, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise, arising out of your participation in the Sweepstakes, (including but not limited to actions taken by you and/or any other person(s) to generate ballots submitted in this Sweepstakes), the acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize, participation in any Sweepstakes related activities or access to and use of any internet site, and you agree to release, defend, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the releases from any such claims, actions, demands, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including, without limitation from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability either at law or equity whether known or unknown, asserted or not asserted that may arise from or in any way relate to your participation in the Sweepstakes (including but not limited to actions taken by contestant and/or any other person(s) to generate ballots submitted in this Sweepstakes), or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Sweepstakes, the prize and materials are provided "as-is" without any warranty (except for manufacturers' warranties, if any) or representation of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules or provisions.
SPONSORED BY: The Libman Company, Arcola, IL
The Libman “My Favorite Messmaker” Caption Contest 2019
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR IN ASSOCIATION WITH, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER OR THEIR AFFILIATES. ANY AND ALL INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY BE PROVIDING WILL BE USED AND INTERPRETED SOLELY BY ADMINISTRATOR AND NOT FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
Please read the Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”) of the “My Favorite Messmaker Caption Contest”. You must agree to accept and comply with the Official Rules to participate in the Sweepstakes. To accept the Official Rules, fulfill the requirements of the entry as outlined below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THE ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND UPON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
SPONSOR: The Libman Company 1 Libman Way Arcola, IL 61910 (the “Sponsor”).
ADMINISTRATOR: The Libman Company 1 Libman Way Arcola, IL 61910 (the “Administrator”).
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 11:00 (CDT) on May 15, 2019 and ends at 12:00AM (CDT) on June 4, 2019.
ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to all residents of the 50 United States and residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least 14 years of age on the date of the Sweepstakes entry submission and who have not won a prize from a Libman sweepstakes or contest in the last 60 days (“Entrant”). Employees, directors and officers and their immediate families (spouses and siblings, parents and children and their spouses) and household members of the Sponsors and/or the Administrator (as each is defined above), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, dealerships and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively the "Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant (or, if the Entrant is not of the age of majority in his/her state or providence of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning any prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, go to https://www.facebook.com/libmancompany/ (the "Website") during the Sweepstakes Period and comment on one of five “My Favorite Messmaker Sweepstakes” winner posts within 48 hours of the post published time. Posts are scheduled every Friday in May 2019 (5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/24, 5/31).
Alternatively, you may send an email with your full name, address, and a phone number where we can reach you to: sweepstakes@Libman.com. The subject line must contain the sweepstakes name in its entirety . Duplicate or grammatically incorrect entries will be discarded at Libman’s sole discretion. Limit 1 (one) alternate method of entry per person for each sweepstakes period.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED within 48 hours of the post published time on https://www.facebook.com/libmancompany/. “My Favorite Messmaker Caption Contest” officially concludes at 12:00am on June 4, 2019. Sponsor's clock will be the official timekeeping device for the sweepstakes. In the event that more than one (1) Entry is received from any one person or email address, each Entry processed will be considered a valid Entry received for the Sweepstakes Period, unless otherwise stated. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Administrator is not liable for lost, late, misdirected, or corrupted Entries whether due to a technical error or otherwise. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
WINNER SELECTION: One (1) potential Prize Winner per “My Favorite Messmaker Sweepstakes” winner post will be determined by the comment which has the most engagement, ie likes, emotes or comments from all eligible Entries received. There will be five (5) total winners throughout the duration of the “My Favorite Messmaker Caption Contest”. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s address. The potential winner will be notified by the Sponsor via email and/or Facebook Messenger and may be required to sign and return a W-9 form (US residents only), an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, except where prohibited by law, a Publicity Release Form (collectively the “Winner Release”) within 7 days of receipt. Failure of the potential winner to timely return the required executed documents within the specified time period may cause the prize to be forfeited and awarded to an alternate as solely determined by Sponsor. If a prize is refused, a prize notification is returned or deemed undeliverable, or the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential winner will be selected from the comments with the next highest number of likes, emotes and comments. Except where prohibited by law (e.g., Tennessee), acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, statements, and other personally identifiable information for promotional, advertising and marketing purposes in any media throughout the world without additional prize, incentive, consideration, consent or review; and upon request, winner will provide written consent to such use. The odds of winning the drawing depends upon the number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS: All potential prize winners from eligible Canadian provinces will also be required to answer a timed, skill-based question prior to being officially designated a prize winner. If time runs out before a correct answer is given, or if the provided answer is incorrect, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be selected via another random drawing.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIZE: One (1) Libman Freedom Spray Mop (Product #4002) per winner. Five (5) prizes total over sweepstakes duration.
The Approximate Retail Value is defined as the Manufacturer’s Sale Price at the time of this sweepstakes.
GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: A prize winner must accept the prize within 7 days of notice of availability from the Sponsor or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor will be responsible for transport costs of delivering the prize to the winner’s residence. Prize may not be transferred or assigned until after the actual winner has complied with all his or her obligations under these Official Rules. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize in whole or in part with another prize of comparable or greater value if the intended prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The prize winner will be responsible for all taxes (including but not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on the prize. A prize winner will be required to execute a Winner Release form prior to the prize being released to such winner. The execution of the Winner Release by a prize winner is an explicit condition to releasing said prize; refusal by a prize winner to execute the Winner Release will result in disqualification, and a new winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
GENERAL CONDITIONS / RELEASE: By participating, Entrant (and if an eligible minor, their parents or legal guardians) agree to (a) release Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Sweepstakes Entities, their respective directors, officers, agents and employees from any and all liability for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by (i) Entrant’s participation, including the unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize; (ii) any Sweepstakes Entities sponsorship or administration of the Sweepstakes; and (iii) Entrant’s and/or any third party’s use, sale or disposal of the prize; (b) acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize (any written warranty by the manufacturer concerning the prize will be provided along with the prize). Neither Sweepstakes Entities nor any service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, or for any human or other error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data or voice transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any online service or Website or to complete a telephone call or facsimile transaction, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost or misdirected mail, or any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, TAMPER WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO COOPERATE IN THE PROSECUTION OF ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL(S) AND TO PURSUE ALL REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being executed as planned, or infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of Entrants, technical failures or any other causes, which, in the opinion of Administrator and/or Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect Entry or Entrant and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at https://www.facebook.com/libmancompany/. If the Sponsor decides to reconvene the Sweepstakes after a suspension, the determination of the prize winner will be made, from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the suspension, as Sponsor determines in its sole discretion. Entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification.
DISPUTES: Entrants (and, if an eligible minor, their parents and legal guardians), agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Douglas County, Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor or Administrator in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
WINNER / RULES: For the name of the Sweepstakes winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send an email with your full name to Sweepstakes@Libman.com with “My Favorite Messmaker Caption Contest Winner Request” or “My Favorite Messmaker Caption Contest Rule Request” in the subject line. Requests must be received after May 3, 2019.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.